Coping Mechanisms (18)
Edinburgh Short Film Festival
Summerhall - Red Lecture Theatre
TICKETED EXTERNALLY. REFER TO WEBSITE.
With times as they are, we could all do with some tactics for getting by. Our programme looks at how people cope with trouble and strife, and explores the ways we find to overcome whatever life throws at us.
Strong Scottish talents are joined by award-winning offerings from Finland and Turkey, New Zealand’s best animation winner, along with outstanding documentary from Somalia, US comedy, dance from Scottish Ballet, and award-winning LGBT drama from Australia.
- MIRO’S JOURNEY Zeynep Kececiler UK PREMIERE
- CHIN UP Joanne Salmon Winner Best Online Production, Royal Television Society Award
- THE NARRATOR Julia Trofimova UK PREMIERE
- IN THE FALL Tom Gentle Winner Hilton Earl Memorial Award, Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- TREMBLE Jessica Wright & Morgann Runacre-Temple
- YOVARAS Ahmed Khadar UK PREMIERE
- TRAP Paul James UK PREMIERE Honourable Mention, Los Angeles Animation Festival 2019
- BUNNY Shaun Hughes Winner of the Celtic Media Festival Torc Award 2019
- JOY BOY Stef Smith UK PREMIERE Winner Best Director/Best Screenplay/Audience Choice, Freshflix Film Festival 2019